In addition to the professional races, which carries a $23,000 prize purse, there are amateur races during the day. This year however, the amateur races are being run by Summit Velo, a local cycling team.
The amateur races will be held on the same course the professional race will take place on. For more information on the amateur races, check out the online flyer.
Professional racing starts at 6 p.m. when the professional women begin to roll. The Men’s race begins at 8 p.m.
Here’s the full schedule:
- 5:00 pm • Kids Race and Community Bike Parade presented by Living Streets Alliance (LSA) and El Grupo.
- 6:00 pm • Women’s Professional and Cat 1/2 Race (50 minutes – 40 pros)
- 7:00 pm • Cruiser Bike Races - Open to everyone – Cash and prizes will be awarded to 8 finalists and the champion of the final heat.
- 7:15 pm • BMX Stunt Show with Pros from Premises Park.
- 8:00 pm • Men’s Professional and Cat 1 Race (75 minutes – 75 pros)
- 9:15 pm • Podium awards for men and women including NCC and USA Crit Championship winners Jersey.
The start/finish line is on Stone Avenue, just south of Broadway Boulevard in downtown Tucson.
Here are a few photos from last year’s race.